In the past year, kitchen remodeling has been a top project for remodelers and it’s a good way to add value to your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before tearing out the cabinets and pulling up the floors. Follow these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Research to make sure you are hiring the right contractor. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor is the least expensive.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your home. What do you want to get out of the space? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Store all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for a long time.
- Forget stick with the budget! Stay on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you imagine you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! McComb Window & Door has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important items of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they let light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which can be beneficial when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our team at McComb Window & Door a call at 317-983-5804, check out our Lafayette showroom or book an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.