The cold season is fast approaching in Lafayette and when the temperature lowers, the energy bills can often increase. There are a lot of things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort this winter, and McComb Window & Door is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous regardless of the season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors provide during Lafayette winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can find its way in and affect your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Windows & Doors of Indianapolis professionals a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to create a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to sneak into your home. Talk with a professional to solve these issues before the winter hits Lafayette.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at McComb Window & Door in Lafayette a call at 317-983-5804 or stop by our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.