Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the aesthetic that guests have when entering your Lafayette home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are prepared to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and involve a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at McComb Window & Door have a few things to consider before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accent your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and harmonious, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look inimitable!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a complete look together and feel warm and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery near a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can draw attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other out dated aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the perfect accents, your door and home can receive a major revamp.
Greet guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a great first impression. Check out the McComb Window & Door showroom in Lafayette, give them a call at 317-983-5804 or schedule an appointment online to discuss all the options for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.